Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So I got a Makeover

     Looks like yesterday (10/15) Arena Net was selling a "Total Makeover Kit" on the Black Lion Trading Company (BLTC).  It cost 350 gems.  I bought one and used it... shortly after it was taken down from the BLTC... so I'll share some things about it.


     I was glad to see this become available finally.  Like many, when the game released (pre-released really) I wasted no time reserving my name and starting the leveling process.  Anyone who knows what to expect with an MMO launch knows that timing is everything.  The headstarts really saves you a lot of the headache caused by servers being choked out with thousands of players in the same zone trying to hit level 2.  So I just randomized the selections a few times and took one that didn't look too terrible.

     A couple of questions that are bound to be asked.
  • Do you have to log out to change your appearance?
    • Nope, its a little popup that looks very similar to the original character creation screen.
  • You can cancel the Makeover Kit if you want, and it won't vanish.  Use it when you want.  Take as long as you want.
  • You can modify everything from facial features to hair color to skin color to everything else except your race (which doesn't bother me at all).
  • No, you currently can't buy the makeover kit on the BLTC.
  • No, I have no idea when its gonig to become available again (maybe part of the halloween stuff?)
  • Are any new styles available?
    • I didn't notice any new styles.  No new hair styles (so far!) for sure.
     If you have any more questions about it let me know and I'll respond.  Until then, check the new look.

 
Old

New
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment